Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Prickly Picnic

October 12, 2011
As he said he would do, Herbert asked his aunt Beatrice for a talk. Wanting a neutral, public environment, Herbert suggested Beatrice meet him in Beverly Hills' Roxbury Park for a picnic.
"Thank you so much for inviting me Herbert, it's so good to see you," said Beatrice. "I have been having such a bad time with Teddy and Nibs, who have been bossy with me!"
"Beatrice, you know that Teddy is my favorite cousin and Nibs is my best friend, right?" he asked. "No," said Beatrice, getting tense. "Well, they are and I don't like to see them upset," added Herbert.
"Well, all I said was that it's shameful that Felicia has no plans to marry Edward," said Beatrice. "That's funny," said Herbert. "Isn't it true that you married neither Teddy's father nor Felicia's father?" said Herbert. BOMBSHELL! Not only did Beatrice never get married herself, but Teddy and Felicia have DIFFERENT fathers! Gasp! "How on earth did you find that out Herbert?" Beatrice said, not denying it. "Please never tell my girls!"

1 comment:

  1. OMG! This is huge news! Will Herbert be able to keep this secret from the ever-inquisitive (aka "nosy") Teddy? How?! Will she use her bear-sense to 'sniff out' this juicy tidbit?!

    ReplyDelete